What is the difference between Knit On Demand and Print On Demand?
Knit-on-demand is an order fulfillment service for fully-knitted knitwear. Each knit apparel is not made until an order is placed. It is completely made to order so you could start selling without inventory.
The main difference between Knit On Demand and Print On Demand is the manufacturing process. At Knitwise, the whole apparel is knitted from yarns including the graphic design instead of printing the design on premade apparel. Therefore, it has premium quality with soft handfeel. Also, the graphic design does not wear off over time or after laundry.
How much does Knitwise app cost?
There is no recurring cost when using Knitwise app. We charge the product cost and shipping cost by orders. For orders of fewer than 20 pieces per design, a $200 design and digitalization fee may be applied.
What is the product price?
We are transparent about the pricing and only charge you the cost of product, shipping fee and sales tax. You could determine the retail prices, shipping fee and profit.
What is the minimum order quantity?
With the technology we built, we could manufacture as low as 1 piece via on-demand manufacturing system, so you do not need to hold inventory upfront. However, your accumulative order quantity per design is less than 20 pcs, a $200 design and digitalization fee will be applied to each design.
Do you do bulk orders?
Yes, we do! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the bulk order discount and get a FREE quote for your order.
Which e-commerse platform Knitwise app integrate with?
Currently our app only integrate with Shopify. We constantly developing our capability so feel free to let us know what you need.
What is the requirement about the design I need to send to create product?
We could accept any type of image files. Then our artist team will help you to digitalize your image into machine
readable file for your approval. Once you approve, we will generate the product for you to list and sell on your store. For orders of fewer than 20 pieces per design, please be aware that there may be a $200 design and digitalization fee.
We always encourage you to place a sample order to confirm the look and feel before sell.
Is there any limitation in designing a knitwear?
Yes, our current knitwear products only allow 4 colors in total for each designs. However, our artists are very skillful
of reducing colors and mixing colors so they could turn any idea into beautiful design for knitwear.
If you have any questions about your design, please feel free to contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
What is the return process?
Every knitted sweater is made to order for each customer, so we are unable to offer any returns. If you or your customer have any quality issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long it takes to manufacture and ship the order?
Every product is knitted from scratch so it takes a little bit time. Usually it takes 1 week to manufacture after order
received and about 1 week to ship. We work with first class carrier to ensure good delivery services.
We keep improving our supply chain to reduce the lead time.
How to cancel the order?
We try to fulfill order as soon as we receive it so we currently do not allow to cancel orders. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Does Knitwise ship products globally?
Yes, we work with world-class carrier FedEx and DHL to ensure smooth and fast shipping experience to your global customers.
Designing new products
For this instruction, the “Sweater Sample” product is used to explain the process.
- Click “Design your products” to see all available custom knitwear product templates.
- Click "View" to check the details information about each custom knitwear product.
- Click “Start Design” to fill out the details of your design requirement to submit your design request.
- Click "Submit" to submit your request. Then a confirmation message shows up to confirm if the message is
successfully submitted. Once the design requirement is clarified, our artist team will provide the design mockup for
your review and approval.
Completing Shopify Orders
There are the manual payment process and the automated payment process.
Manual Payment Process
Once a customer places an order on your Shopify store, it will show up in the app under "Orders" as
Also, there is a "NEEDS_APPROVAL" tab to see how many orders need approval.
- Click the order to see the order details.
- To complete the order, click "Pay the order" to pay manually.
- Once the order is paid successfully, the order status will change to "in_production".
- Once a customer places an order on your Shopify store, it will show up in the app under "Orders" as "needs_approval". Also, there is a "NEEDS_APPROVAL" tab to see how many orders need approval.
Automated Payment Process
- Toggle the "Add Checkout" feature on/off in the "Orders" section to turn on and off the automated payment process.
- If you choose to turn on the automated payment process, any new Shopify orders will be automatically paid for using the default payment method on your account, and then be fulfilled and shipped to your customers by Knitwise.
What if my Shopify customers want to edit the order after it is placed?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and the details of the change. Depending on the type of changes and the order status, we will try our best to accommodate these changes.
Tracking Shopify orders
For this instruction, the “Test Example” product is used to explain the process.
- The "Status" column in the "Orders" sections indicates the status of each order. Also, you could click the status tab to
check the orders in each status.
Once we receive your payment, the order status changes to "in_production". At this phase, you are not allowed to change
or edit your order.
- If you need to make any changes, please email email@example.com with the order number and the details of the change. Depending on the type of changes and the order status, we will try our best to accommodate these changes.
- Once we ship your order, the order status changes to "shipped".
- Shopify tracking emails will automatically be triggered to send once Knitwise ships your order. It typically takes 7-10 days to ship your order.
Cancelling Shopify orders
- We try to fulfill orders as soon as we receive it. Therefore, we only allow order cancellation before the order is sent to production.
- When the order shows as "needs_approval" status, it means the order is allowed to cancel.
- Click the order to see the details and then click "cancel" to cancel the order.
- Once the order is canceled, it can not be recovered.
- If you need to cancel or edit orders after the order is in production, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and the details of the change. Depending on the type of changes and the order status, we will try our best to accommodate these changes.
Managing billing method
In the billing section, multiple payment methods could be added to pay the order. The default billing method is what we use to charge
How earnings works when selling through Shopify?
- "Knitwise Price" refers to the product cost you will pay Knitwise for each piece. The price includes the shipping cost.
- "Suggested Retail Price" is what Knitwise suggests you to set up when you sell to your customers
- You could set up your own retail price after you add the product into your Shopify store based on your own markup rates.
- You could set up the additional shipping cost if needed.
Your earnings of each piece = Final Retail Price you set up + Shipping Cost - Knitwise Price
When customers place an order on your Shopify store, they are paying full retail price including your earnings. In another word, you are collecting your profit margin upfront and then paying Knitwise the product cost in order to complete their order.
Adding products to your shopify store
- Once you approve your design, your product will be set up to show in your app. For this instruction, the Sweater
Sample product is used to explain the process.
- Click View Product to check the detail page of each product.
- Find the product you would like to add to store and click Add to store. Then select the store to submit your product.
Shopify has a limitation of adding a maximum of 1000 products per 24 hours. If you get an error after adding a lot of products, please wait 24 hours before trying again.
- Click Submit to add the product to your Shopify store. A confirmation message will show up after the product is successfully added into your store as a draft product.
- You could edit the product and set up the pricing in Shopify and then activate the product to sell.
DO NOT change any of the information under "Inventory" once products are added to your Shopify store. If you change anything in this section, it will affect order syncing.
No Matching Results